Thursday, August 15, 2013

Dreaming, Jesus, and John Lennon...

I have a dream of a better society, a better nation, and a better value placed in the Christian's hope.  I have always been one to dream a little once in a while.  I usually don't write it down much, I try my best to live it out in my daily life. The Christian journey is one of many twists and turns, ups and downs, joys and sorrows, and a lot of faith in the middle. One thing that is a core reality of the Christian journey is our love for one another, our love for all people of all walks of life.  A revolution of kindness and acceptance is needed in our society today.  This kind of revolution is not at its best on paper or typed out online somewhere, it is at its best when it is lived out in the life of the revolutionary.  If everyone joined in and displayed a kind attitude towards others for one day, our world would change dramatically.  

Here are some parallels to some of my favorite literature and songs concerning this dream of mine. While the contexts are obviously different, the message or dream remains similar. 


John 17:20-23 NIV


 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me." 


Imagine, John Lennon 1971

"Imagine no possessions 

I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one." 

Imagine a revolution lived.......

Trent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here....