Monday, April 8, 2013

A God Alone Monday

As I begin to conclude my day alone with God, lunch with a friend, and only a few other encounters, I have a few Psalms to share.  Mondays are slow for me, I do that intentionally.  After a busy day on all fronts (mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally) the soul must be replenished.  As I tend to spend large amounts of time daily in prayer and God's Word anyway, I really try to practice that on Mondays.  Here are a few of the impacts from Psalms on me today.

Psalm 62:1-2 NLT

"I wait quietly before God,
    for my victory comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress where I will never be shaken."








Psalm 62:5-8 NLT

"Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
    for my hope is in him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress where I will not be shaken.
My victory and honor come from God alone.
    He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.
O my people, trust in him at all times.
    Pour out your heart to him,
    for God is our refuge." 


Psalm 63:1 NLT

"O God, you are my God;
    I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
    my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
    where there is no water."


May our loving Father bless you this week as you walk with Him daily.

Trent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here....