Monday, October 7, 2013

A Journey through the Psalter...

A journey through the Book of Psalms is very sustaining to the soul.  During most of the month of September, I read through the Psalter with a group of online friends.  I learned a lot in reading them everyday alongside my daily Bible readings already in place.  The language of this book is very diverse in nature, it covers the entire human spectrum of thinking and imagination.  I found myself looking forward to the next reading just to discover the diversity in the text as I embarked on the journey.  A journey through any section of scripture feeds the soul like no other literature can do, but the Psalter changes you from the inside out on all human fronts as you partake of it daily.


I want to present to you the challenge of doing the same.  Take a month and read through the Book of Psalms.  Set you own pace and walk through it with God.  It will change the way you  look at God, yourself, others, and life as a whole.  It has taken me to the point that it even has changed the way that I breathe and think daily.

I dare you to try it...

Trent

5 comments:

  1. I'm taking that dare--I just have to break it down into small pieces because I want to saturate myself with it and remember some of the words. Great post, great challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading 10 Psalms a day for about a month now, and am learning and growing so much. They are such an incredible source of encouragement, especially when you remember they were written by a dirty sinner like David, most of them anyway. Thanks for the challenge and the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here....