Monday, June 6, 2011

The Spirit Dependent Follower....

Its been quite a while since I have shared a piece of my journey with the Spirit with you. The journey continues to be one of the greatest rides of my life. There are a lot of stories of hope and of despair along the way, but one thing I have been consistent in and that is my dependence upon the Spirit of God to carry me. The reasons for giving up or throwing in the towel are numerous and appear around many corners on the path.  What makes the Spirit dependent follower hold on? What makes them develop a gut wrenching trust that gives the strength to walk through anything?

One of my favorite Gospel accounts is the Gospel of John. In chapters 14-16 (stop and read it) he covers a lot of ground concerning our dependence upon Father, Son, and Spirit. A balanced dependence on all three as one source of power does the follower well.  We have a lot of uneccesary fear within us as followers and I truly believe that Father, Son, and Spirit were very aware of this. The encouragement to "not be afraid" is seen many times throughout Biblical literature. So, the point here is to depend on the Spirit as a loyal follower and as one who calls on the Father as "abba Father", and calling on the Son as "my Lord and my God". 
The Spirit dependent follower can and will walk through the fire and remain a loyal follower.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here....