Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Lenten Journey....

I wanted to take a few moments on my not so often used blog to share my Lent journey with you. First of all I am not afraid to read, observe, research, or even agree with the practices and traditions of other Faiths. I think we miss out and limit ourselves when we don't at least educate ourselves on the "good" that we can learn from others. So, here's my Lenten Journey....

Daily:  I read a chapter from Psalms, Wisdom texts, and The Epistles of Paul and pray through them. I am learning to appreciate silence and solitude more on a regular basis.

Weekly:  I read "Bridges to Contemplative Living" w/ Thomas Merton. The is a Lent and Holy Week      readings booklet that I ordered. It has been a tremendous blessing.  You can find it at  'The Merton Institute for Contemplative Living' online.  wwwmertoninstitute.org

During this time so far I have learned to appreciate the Bible and my communion with the Father at a much deeper and more soul nourishing level. You will only discover this if you try something different.  May God bless you all during this Lent season and at all times of course...

Trent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here....