Monday, January 7, 2013

Just Show Up....

"Give me your heart that together we may love the Father ardently. Give me your lips that together we may sing his praises. Give me your mind, your eyes, your hands, your entire being. In you and by you I wish to live, as it were, a second life wholly to love, which will be the complement and continuation of my earthly life in Palestine. Give all of yourself to me that through you I may give all to him. Together we shall offer the perfect gift; we shall give God to God."
(My Other Self; Clarence J. Enzler, pg. 71)

  When we wrestle within our hearts and minds about giving ourselves to God daily, we usually come out beat up and bruised. The spiritual life can be brutal to some, the struggle between what I want and what God wants in never-ending. Jesus tells us to come to him when we are burdened and he will give us rest. All we have to do is show up and he will do the rest. Sometimes showing up involves a change in patterns, routines, or habits. Do I need to make any changes in order to "show up" when Jesus calls me into his rest? Thats that challenge for today. What will I do to be with Jesus today, tomorrow, and so on?

May Spirit be with you......Trent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here....