Thursday, October 17, 2013

These Dreams...


"These dreams go on when I close my eyes,
Every second of the night I live another life"   (Heart, 1986)

Music often speaks to the soul.  'These dreams' to me are dreams of a world with no pain and suffering.  Dreams of a world free of pain and suffering bring us hope.  While scripture clearly tells of a place where there will be no pain and no suffering, sometimes the art of music brings us a little help along the way.  The concept of living another life at night to me is knowing that as I close my eyes at the day's end, I am in the arms of God.  The day's cares and images are given to God as he takes them away and allows a restful night.  This is not always the case, but if we try and learn to give it all to him, we will see 'these dreams'.  Listen to the song sometime and look past the passion intended and see the point in 'these dreams', they are dreams of a better world someday.  In the meantime, hold on to Jesus and he will show you how to live another life.

Trent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here....