Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday Refuel


Life is anything but a smooth, consistent ride for any of us. We all learn quickly that the journey of life can be filled with lots of ups and downs around many twists and turns. As the human body experiences all of this in a short amount of time, it takes its toll on us spiritually and physically. We need to be refueled often as we go through our daily life. We learn very quickly what happens to us when we don't take the time to refuel. We become stressed, sick, grumpy, and we make poor choices in the midst of all the chaos. 



Taking the time to refuel is very important to our ability to make better choices. What about the source of our fuel when we take the time? What are we feeding ourselves when we are spent of our resources? Psalms 63:1 encourages us to thirst for God when we feel our soul is growing weary or faint. Our souls are thirsting for more, we need more strength. Ask yourself this question throughout today. What am I feeding myself? Take some time as you go about your Monday and think about it. Read the Psalm quoted below and meditate on it today and see what happens to your soul. 
Begin small and grow as you are fed by the Spirit of God. 


Psalm 63:1 (ESV)
O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 

Stay with it....Trent

6 comments:

  1. The blog looks good. And thanks for sharing your reflections. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Psalm 63:1 is the theme verse of my blog. I was teaching a class today where I was talking about the importance of refueling so we don't run on empty.

      Delete
  2. Excellent ... trying to go too long on my own energy and ignoring the truth that I need God's energy ...which comes from peaceful time with Him. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here....