Monday, October 22, 2018

The Burden

  


Hearing the word burden often reminds me of the concept of bearing or enduring the burdens of others. The word also brings to my mind as something specific that weighs heavily on the mind and heart of those we love and care about. Bearing a burden takes its toll on our entire being as a person. Our spiritual, physical, emotional, and intellectual lives are at stake if we don't deal with them in a healthy manner. 

We are called to bear one another's burdens and to care for one another. 

We are aware of the many burdens that our loved ones and friends often bear in life's journey. If we really care for them, we will walk alongside them and help them bear the load. It is greatly appreciated when we make an effort to help them out. You can feel the relief when they accept your care and learn to share their burden. It takes an open heart and an open mind to receive care. It also takes courage to be present and help them bear the burden. 

It is a good and healthy practice to share one another's burdens in life. 

We just have to do it! Take the leap of faith and share the journey with someone we can trust. Stop trying to do it all on your own and accept the help that you need. Be open, be honest, be vulnerable, and be willing to accept the honesty and care of others. We often close our hearts to the honest care of others. Sometimes we don't want to hear what they have to say because it is truth! If they care enough about you they will tell you the truth. 

What I learned from bearing my own burden...

I recently became aware of some burdens I have been trying to bear alone. Yes, I went totally against what I have been urging others to do. I was completely oblivious to it for some time. I was trying to do it alone and figure it out on my own. I didn't want anyone to know and think of differently of me. I was making the mistake of taking on it all on my own. The longer I waited, the heavier the burden became, and the heavier the load became on my total being.  

Here are five things I learned from my burden....

1.  I must be willing to "receive" care from others.

2.  I have to "listen" to the care given to me.

3. It is "up to me" to change and do something about it.

4.  I have to "deal with" the burden head on and face to face.

5.  I have to let go of control and "trust God". 


God is in control and the burden no longer controls me.


Trent



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here....