Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wednesdays from the Well....Overweight, Tired, and Discouraged!


Overweight, Tired, and Discouraged!

When you begin a journey that challenges your daily habits, it presents you with a difficult path. The path you have chosen goes against everything you have been doing over the past twenty years. When you have tried many different routes that only lead you back to where you started, you want to give up. You eventually discover that its not worth it and you accept your current circumstances; overweight, tired, feeling terrible, and you're just discouraged about it all.

But I didn't give up!

I began to wake up and see beyond my current lifestyle. I saw the examples of others that I respected in my life and wanted to be healthy again. I wanted to be a better Christian, Husband, Dad, Friend, and Minister. I just wanted to be and do better in my life's choices. Marlana and I wanted to do this together and grow closer as a family that is healthy and happy with life. 

So the journey began and we knew there was no turning back! Daily habits began to change along with many struggling moments, but we stayed with it! Marlana and I began this journey together at the end of the summer and it has been an amazing discovery for us. Our boys have even changed some habits as well. They often ask us why we are doing this and we take the time to explain our journey to them. Our journey has become a family journey

The journey of staying healthy is a rewarding one in many ways. You first begin to learn what to eat and to not eat. Those favorite/tempting foods become less of an influence when you learn the truth about them.  

Healthy choices are learned and they soon become habits. There are no gimmicks, sales pitches, or pyramid schemes coming your way from us. Just a real and true journey of prayer, choices, and learning self control. Together, with God's help daily, we are on this journey and there is no turning back for us. We will never, never, give up!

Begin and make better choices today....Trent







2 comments:

  1. Well, that certainly resonated with me ... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very welcome Bro! Its been a struggle, but it can be done.

      Delete

Your thoughts are welcome here....