Saturday, December 31, 2016

Three Things for a Messy 2017


Honestly, I do not like or enjoy New Years resolutions at all. They have a stench of legalism in my mind most of the time. We put them in place, talk about them, and we may practice them for a while into February. Our lives are messy and full of mistakes and failures, I'm not going to sit here and give you three things for an awesome 2017! So, I'm going to share a few things that will help us as we live our messy and fumbled 2017. Here are three simple practices that will get me through a messy 2017. 

The Practice of Silent Prayer



The Practice of Daily Bible/Spiritual Reading 



The Practice of Writing in a Journal 



These three practices are not the only beneficial ones out there. They have worked over the course of my personal journey through the years. You may have some specifics that work for you, focus in on them and see where they take you. Remember, it will be messy and you will begin over and over again. Be patient with God, yourself, and others as you travel your journey. 

Begin, be patient, begin again....Trent










No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here....