Friday, December 18, 2015

A Tribute to my Heritage...Walking the Road Together


Walking the Road Together 



"I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well."
(2 Timothy 1:5, ESV)

As I reflect back on my journey in life, I am thankful for for my roots. I have many people in my story who have made a difference in my life and my choices. They have allowed God to use them to walk the road with me. Walking the road with those we love we and care about is essential to our personal growth. We learn so much by loving those around us every day. 

I begin with my amazing parents and their love for me from birth up to this very moment in time. Life has many seasons and changes that come without warning. When you have parents who are there for you during those changing years, they can be bearable. You get through them together. You overcome the many bumps along the way because you are on a long journey together. The small challenges that come up are nothing compared to your love for one another. My parents; Mom, Dad, and Sally, have been a tremendous part of my journey through life and they continue to be daily. I owe them all of my love and respect! I also owe a lot of love and thanks to my Grandparents as well. Their love for my parents has made all of this possible. Their love for God and one another has made the families that I am a part of into what they are today. What and amazing family heritage I have!

I am also thankful for my two sisters who have also walked the road with me through the years. We have seen a lot of things together and have learned a lot as well. Thank you for putting up with me as your only pesky brother you have. All the way from ‘bugging’ you and your friends to playing loud rock music in my room driving you crazy. We will continue to see and experience life together in the days ahead. Here's to walking the road together!

There are many others who have walked the road with me and are still sharing the journey as well. I have an amazing extended family full of aunts, uncles, cousins, and special friends that I am very thankful for as well. We have all walked the road and some of us are still walking it together. 

I am blessed beyond measure to have my Bride, Marlana, to share the journey with daily. Marlana also comes from an amazing family heritage. She comes from a long line of love for God and family.  God has given us an amazing little family with two young boys whom we are so proud of daily. Timothy and Tyler show us lots of love every day. They also teach us plenty of patience as well. Life is never dull and boring with our two young adventures. Mine and Marlana’s love for one another grows daily. Life has given us many twists and turns but we are always growing with God and one another. 

Today we celebrate 17 years together and we are walking the road together with God and a deep family heritage alongside us every day. Walking the road together is a journey for the long haul, it takes time, prayer, and love to make it possible. 

Keep walking…Trent 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here....