Thursday, September 29, 2016

I'm Going to Miss Out!!





I have presented myself with a challenge this week.
Something hit me one day at a particular event this past week. I had my phone out taking pictures while the event was going on in front of me. It suddenly hit me that I am missing the event in order to take pictures. I am missing an opportunity to see someone I care about play, perform, or participate in something important to them and me.

So, I'm  going to try and keep my phone put away during events where someone I love or care for is participating.

I can get a few pictures, put my phone away, and enjoy the present.
Sharing pictures with others and posting the pictures can wait until it is over. I don't want to miss out on what is real and in front of me. I will take pictures and send them to family, friends, and post them on Facebook, but not at the expense of missing out on the present.

I will also be able to be present with those around me who are also watching someone they care about. I need to learn to share the time with them as well. We miss out on so much sometimes and we never even realize it. Whether it is at and event or just in daily life, we need to be present to those around us. This isn't about phones and technology but more about being present. It can be a book, magazine, newspaper, or anything like it that takes us away from the present.

  Presence is a gift and we had better be careful because we will not have it someday with that special person whom we are with or are watching. 

Be present….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here....